Sixth Victim of Petrobras Explosion Found
A sixth victim of last week's deadly explosion on a Petrobras offshore oil and natural gas production ship has been found, according to a statement on Wednesday from BW Offshore Ltd, which operates the vessel for Brazil's state-run oil company.
The body of the Brazilian crew member of the Cidade de Sao Mateus, a floating oil production, storage and offloading (FPSO) ship, was found during a search of the vessel on Tuesday, BW Offshore said.
Of the victims, five are Brazilian and another is Indian. Three other Brazilian crew members are still missing nearly a week after the accident.
The FPSO ship is responsible for processing oil and natural gas from the Camarupim and Camarupim Norte fields about 80 kilometers (50 miles) northeast of Vitoria, the capital of Brazil's Esprito Santo state.
Petroleo Brasileiro SA, as Petrobras is formally known, is the operator of both fields and considered the responsible legal entity for the areas by Brazil's oil regulator, the ANP.
Petrobras owns 100 percent of Camarupim and 65 percent of Camarupim Norte. The other 35 percent of Camarupim Norte is owned by Brazil's Ouro Preto Energia. (Reporting by Jeb Blount