Pegasus Maritime Loses Operator Licence in Singapore

July 16, 2018

© Lambros Kazan / Adobe Stock
© Lambros Kazan / Adobe Stock

Marine fuel services provider Pegasus Maritime (Singapore) Pte Ltd has lost its licence to operate bunker crafts in the port of Singapore effective July 16, the Maritime And Port Authority (MPA) of Singapore said on Monday.

The MPA has revoked Pegasus Maritime's craft operator licence after investigations earlier this year revealed the company had allowed an unlicenced craft operator to use its bunker craft to make bunker deliveries, it said in a statement.

Pegasus Maritime did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Pegasus Maritime is the first company to be stripped of an MPA-issued licence this year after a clampdown in 2017 on short deliveries to bunker fuel customers saw three of Singapore's top 10 bunker fuel suppliers losing their licences.

Industry sources said Pegasus Maritime, primarily a supplier of marine gasoil, itself had not been active in the market and its expulsion would have a limited impact on the marine fuels market in Singapore, the world's largest.

According to the MPA's website, as of July 5, the Singapore-based company is also licenced to supply marine fuels, also known as bunkers, in Singapore. It is licenced to supply diesel, gasoil and fuel oil bunkers.

The MPA in 2017 ranked Pegasus Maritime 49 of 55 bunker fuel suppliers by volume.


(Reporting by Roslan Khasawneh; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)

Logistics News

Two Chinese VLCCs Exit Strait of Hormuz

Two Chinese VLCCs Exit Strait of Hormuz

South African Veterinary Association Stands Against Live Export

South African Veterinary Association Stands Against Live Export

Indiana Breaks Ground on New Grain Facility

Indiana Breaks Ground on New Grain Facility

US Charges Executives and Firms Over Container Cartel

US Charges Executives and Firms Over Container Cartel

Subscribe for Maritime Logistics Professional E‑News

British Airways extends Middle East flights to August 1,
China announces plans to buy 200 Boeing Jets and asks for an extension of the US tariff truce
South Korea's NOFI purchases up to 65,000 tonnes of feed wheat through a tender, traders claim