ClassNK Opens R&D Center in Singapore
- Maritime technologies: Research and development into creating new technologies and improving existing technologies in the fields of safe/smart ships such as condition-based monitoring technology, and eco-technology covering areas such as alternative fuel engine technologies, and emission control.
- Marine renewable energy: Establishing a marine energy test site for the tropics to support R&D in energy storage systems, biofouling materials, energy converters, prototype design testing, and creating possibilities to provide energy for maritime industry usage like in ports and harbors.
- “ClassNK in Singapore” - Toshio Kurashiki, Operating Officer and Regional Manager of South Asia and Oceania, ClassNK
- “A New Center for Global R&D” - Tetsuya Kinoshita, Executive Vice President, ClassNK
- ”Marine Renewable Energy Test Site for the Tropics” - Pallaniappan Ravindran, Program Manager, GRIC, ClassNK
- “Maritime Energy Test Bed and Collaborative Project with Industry and ClassNK” - Dr. Prapisala Thepsithar, Senior Scientist, Energy Research Institute at Nanyang Technological University (NTU)