Hapag-Lloyd Launches SE Asia-Australia Routes
Hapag-Lloyd launches new South East Asia to Australia Services // SEA and S2A to start in October.
Hapag-Lloyd expands its Oceania product portfolio. During the month of October 2019 (week 43), two new services which will offer weekly direct sailings between Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia on top of our existing South East Asia Australia Loop 1 (SAL) will be launched.
“Connecting via Singapore on our global mainline network, we will be able to offer increased sailing frequency to and from Australian ports, with more connections and shipping options in both directions for Middle East and India Subcontinent”, explains Alice Yin Chung Tham, Senior Director Trade Management Intra Asia.
For cargo from Europe these additional services will allow for:
- Smooth and reliable connection in Singapore
- Three weekly connections between Singapore and Australia
- Access to four weekly services between North Europe and Singapore
- Access to three weekly services between Mediterranean and Singapore
- Wide range of feeder connections from/to European outports
The SEA and S2A is a cooperation between Hapag-Lloyd, ANL, Maersk and ONE. Services will be operated composing of 7 x 8,500 TEU vessels and 6 x 5,700 TEU vessels respectively. Hapag-Lloyd will be operating one vessel on each service. The SEA & S2A services are scheduled to commence on the October 23, at Laem Chabang and October 25, at Tanjung Pelepas respectively.