CMA CGM Takes Second Guyanamax Boxship
The CMA CGM Group Informed that the CMA CGM MARSEILLE – 2nd vessel of its GUYANAMAX 3 - vessels series – was delivered in South Korea on July 29th.
This 2,100 TEU containers capacity vessel – including 530 Reefer containers – is 190 meters long and 30 meters wide. It was built by the Korean shipyards Hyundai Mipo Dockyard and will be sailing under the UK flag.
The CMA CGM MARSEILLE will be positioned on the North Europe French Guiana North Brazil (NEFGUI) line. This 42-days rotation joins directly North of Europe, the Caribbean, French Guyana and North Brazil each week. The vessel will call: Algeciras, Rotterdam, Tillbury, Rouen, Le Havre, Philipsburg, Port of Spain, Degrad des Cannes, Belem, Fortaleza, Natal and Algeciras.
In line with the sustainable development policy of the Group, the CMA CGM MARSEILLE is equipped with all the latest environmental technologies which significantly reduce its C02 emissions, as well as the Group’s carbon footprint. It is equipped with:
* New bulbous bow shapes improving the hydrodynamics of the vessel at a speed of 16 to18 knots
* An electronically controlled long stroke engine offering the best in fuel consumption
* A twisted leading edge rudder with bulb
* A ballast water treatment system
* The 3 vessel GUYANAMAX series is composed of the CMA CGM CAYENNE – delivered on July, 21st – the CMA CGM MARSEILLE, and will be completed in September by the CMA CGM SAINT LAURENT. Those vessels will be positioned on the NEFGUI line as well: the line capacity will then be increased by 18%.
By strengthening the capacity of the NEFGUI line - calling ports in North Brazil, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago and Sint Marteen - the CMA CGM Group adapts its offer to the market’s demands and positions itself as a leader in the area.