28573 members and growing – the largest networking group in the maritime industry!

LoginJoin

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Maritime Logistics Professional

November 18, 2014

Spudding of Gierałtowice Well

Photo: San Leon Energy

Photo: San Leon Energy

 

San Leon Energy, the AIM listed company focused on oil and gas exploration in Europe and North Africa, announces that it has spudded the Gierałtowice well, which is the second well being drilled in the Karpaty area in Poland.

The Gierałtowice prospect is on the Bielsko-Biała concession in Karpaty and is targeting 4 Bcf of mid-case recoverable gas in two target reservoirs - the Upper Carboniferous sandstone being the primary target with the Lower Carboniferous limestone as a secondary target. San Leon Energy holds 60% and is operator of the concession, with PGNiG holding the remaining 40%.

The drilling of the well is expected to be completed in the next few weeks, with any well testing occurring immediately afterwards.
 

EuropeNorth Africaoil and gas exploration