International Maritime Hall of Fame Dinner Rescheduled
Taking into consideration concern about quarantine requirements surrounding the global coronavirus pandemic, the Maritime Association of New York and New Jersey has rescheduled its 27th Annual International Maritime Hall of Fame Dinner. The new date is Thursday, September 10, 2020, moved from its initially planned Wednesday, May 13, 2020.
The event will be held at its originally slated venue, the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City. Tickets, sponsorship and souvenir journal advertising sales will be automatically applied to the new date. The 2020 recipients have also been advised of the date change.
- Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises Inc., Miami, Fla.
- James R. Mara, President Emeritus, Metropolitan Marine Maintenance Contractors' Association, Rutherford, N.J.
- James I. Newsome III, President and CEO, South Carolina Ports Authority, Charleston, S.C.
- Dr.. Nikolas P. Tsakos, President and CEO, Tsakos Energy Navigation Corp., Athens, Greece
- Lois K. Zabrocky, President and CEO, International Seaways Inc., New York, N.Y.
Edward Kelly, Maritime Association Executive Director, speaking on behalf of the officers and board, said, "This was a difficult decision and was made with the utmost consideration of our honorees, our supporters and with the best guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). "