MTN Expands European Customer Base
MTN Communications (MTN) has expanded its communications and content business through maritime operators in Europe. As a result, MTN has increased its Southampton, U.K. office staff and space. The MTN Southampton office is one of seven around the world and houses sales, project management, technical and logistics professionals.
MTN attributes its European growth to its ongoing transformation of communications on the world’s waterways, making it more akin to land-like experiences.
Recent contracts with Companies that look to MTN for passenger services, offshore employees and crew include:
- Fred.Olsen Cruise Lines – an extension of a four-year relationship with this U.K.-based operator including enhanced onboard crew voice and connectivity options, as well as MTN Worldwide TV (MTN TV).
- P&O Ferries – Europe’s leading and largest ferry company has selected MTN as its provider for onboard communications for its fleet. This new partnership will serve 11 vessels transporting approximately eight million passengers annually.
- Silversea Cruises – a substantial increase in broadband connectivity for this Italian-owned cruise operator includes satellite and Wi-Fi infrastructure upgrades, and broader entertainment, data and voice services.
- Technip – an expansion of communications services to vessels in its fleet globally, this leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry is doubling its number of MTN-serviced vessels.
- TUI Cruises – an extension to MTN’s existing relationship with this German-based joint venture with Royal Caribbean and TUI AG to provide communications and content onboard its two new builds.
MTN brings a history of several industry firsts, including an inaugural live video broadcast at sea for the U.S. Government, the first Internet café on a cruise ship and an unmatched live, worldwide maritime television service.
In addition, MTN launched the industry’s first hybrid satellite and terrestrial maritime broadband communications network as part of an ecosystem of advanced computing and caching solutions.
“MTN brings extensive maritime communications experience to Europe, along with a tenured staff and partner base in the region,” said Chris Leber, MTN Executive Vice President, commercial business development.
“We are known for innovating new solutions that exceed the requirements of passengers and crew today. Our focus includes addressing the needs of the exploding Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) passenger and crew community. We are very excited to welcome new MTN employees and customers in the region.”