Conference on Legal Issues Relating to Shipping
Hinode Maritime Events informed that it is organizing a "Conference on Legal issues relating to Shipping". It is scheduled to be held on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 in the Centrum, Center One, World Trade Center, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
The Conference will offer opportunity to delegates at the forum to discuss legal issues pertaining to shipping and will see ship owners, ship agencies, shippers, insurers, maritime law fraternity, port authorities and other maritime interests who have already registered.
Recent legal developments and case studies having an impact on shipping will be the focus in the deliberations. The Conference would be of special interest to Commercial, Claims and Legal officers in shipping companies.
Topics to be covered include:
* “Insights into Maritime Frauds” by Capt. J.P. Menezes LLM (Maritime Law) Marine Consultant and Arbitrator
* "The Pros and Cons of Effecting a Ship Arrest" by speaker from Bose & Mitra & Co
* “Due diligence of title documents during the sale and purchase of a vessel” by Mr Shashank Agrawal, Vice President, Legal, Wirana Shipping Corporation
* "Offshore - where next" by Mr Paul Dean, Partner, Holman, Fenwick, Willan, London
* “Safeguarding and enhancing the time & cost advantage of arbitration” by Mr Shardul Thacker, Partner, Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe
* "The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Marine Claims) Bill 2012 - Will it make India an Arrest happy Jurisdiction?" by Capt Vinod K Gupta
* "Shipping Documents and Relevance of Contract" by Advocate Joy Thattil, Managing Partner, Cadillus Legal, Cochin
* "The Italian Marines Case" by Cmde Retd Ranjit B Rai
For Registration contact:
Adviser, Conferences Division
HINODE Events and Services Pvt Ltd, Mumbai