U.S. DOT Announces New MTSNAC Members
U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao today announced the appointment of 29 members to the Maritime Transportation System National Advisory Committee (MTSNAC).
Established in 2010, the MTSNAC is made up of leaders from commercial transportation firms, trade associations, state and local public entities, labor organizations, academia, and environmental groups that advise the Secretary on policies to ensure that the marine transportation system can respond to projected trade increases.
“This advisory committee will help strengthen and modernize our nation’s maritime capabilities, as we work to improve our waterborne transportation systems and our country’s gateway ports.” said Secretary Chao.
The MTSNAC is composed of members from public and private entities whose purpose is to guide the Secretary of Transportation on matters relating to marine transportation and its seamless integration with other segments of the transportation system. This includes the viability of the U.S. Merchant Marine. Committee members will serve two-year terms, with no more than two consecutive term re¬appointments.
“The insights, experience, and perspectives of these committee members are essential to federal transportation decision-making,” said Maritime Administrator Mark H. Buzby. “The MTSNAC is a strategic resource needed to strengthen and re-energize the maritime industry, and I look forward to their bold ideas and strong recommendations.”
The Department strives to select dynamic individuals with in-depth knowledge of their respective industries or government sectors. Members are nominated through a full and open process published in the Federal Register.
The members are:
- Mr. Gary Adams / Walmart Inc.
- Mr. Lindsey Brock / NE Florida Regional Transportation Commission
- Mr. David Cicalese / International Longshoremen's Association
- Ms. Berit Eriksson / Sailors' Union of the Pacific
- Mr. David C. Fisher / Port of Beaumont, TX
- Mr. Joe Gasperov / International Longshore and Warehouse Union
- Mr. John Graykowski / Maritime Industry Consultants
- Mr. Daniel Harmon / Texas Department of Transportation
- Mr. Jared Henry / Hapag-Lloyd USA, LLC
- Capt. Robert Hughes / Cargill Inc.
- Mr. Jim Kruse / Texas A&M - Transportation Institute
- Mr. Paul C. LaMarre, III / Port of Monroe, MI
- Mr. Griff Lynch / Georgia Ports Authority
- Mr. Brian Jones / Nucor Corporation
- Mr. James Pelliccio / Port Newark Container Terminal
- Mr. Bryan Ross / Missouri Department of Transportation
- Mr. Gene Seroka / Port of Los Angeles
- Mr. Scott Sigman / Illinois Soybean Association
- Mr. Karl Simon / Environmental Protection Agency
- Mr. Sean Strawbridge / Port of Corpus Christi Authority
- Ms. Anne Strauss-Weider / North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Mr. Andrew Strosahl / The Lawrence Law Firm
- Mr. Jack Sullivan / Matson Navigation Inc.
- Captain Richard Suttie / Center for Homeland Defense & Security
- Mr. Augustin Tellez / Seafarers International Union of North America
- Mr. Robert Wellner / Liberty Global Logistics LLC
- Mr. Thomas Wetherald / General Dynamics-NASSCO
- Ms. Lisa Wieland / Massachusetts Port Authority
- Mr. Brian Wright / Owensboro Riverport Authority