The organizers of SHIPPINGInsight 2017 say a Lunch-and-Learn program will be held during the annual Fleet Optimization Conference & Exhibition, to be held October 10-12, at the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa in Stamford, Conn.
The Lunch-and-Learn event on Wednesday, October 11 will feature sponsored topic-table discussion groups, which will address timely, themed issues. Each table will be hosted by a representative of the sponsoring company, who will lead and moderate the discussion about the designated subject.
Potential topic tables will include:
- Ballast water treatment system implementation
- Scrubber technology and its role in 2020
- Oil water separators – next generation
- Fuel testing challenges
- Engine optimization
- Energy efficient ship design
- Managing big data
- Internet of Things (IoT) in shipping
- Crew welfare
- Electric and hybrid propulsion
- Coatings and anti-fouling solutions
- Satellite communication options
“The Lunch-and-Learn program is part of our commitment to making SHIPPINGInsight the very best education and networking event for ship operators and their technology partners,” said Carleen Lyden Walker, SHIPPINGInsight co-director. “It will provide a relaxed interactive atmosphere for delegates to share their ideas and expertise, complementing the formal conference speakers, panels and roundtable discussions and more than 19 hours of scheduled networking events.”