Maersk Expects Healthier 2017 for Shippers

By Aiswarya Lakshmi
Saturday, February 11, 2017

 Bloomberg quoted Robbert van Trooijen, APAC CEO of Maersk Line, saying that the current year (2017) will be more profitable than the last. 

Post-Hanjin, ocean freight customers now stressing stability and avoiding risk to supply chains, not just rates, he said.
"The bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping and a consolidation in the container shipping industry will pave the way for a better year for the industry," he told the international news wire.
Maersk Line is seeing a more balanced supply-demand situation this year in its talks with customers after years of overcapacity and excessive optimism about demand.
Maersk Line expects to be profitable this year after a US$384 million (S$546 million) loss it booked last year. It also expects the global container market to grow 2 per cent to 4 per cent amid the consolidation wave.
Categories: Finance Logistics People & Company News

Related Stories

Two Chinese VLCCs Exit Strait of Hormuz

US Charges Executives and Firms Over Container Cartel

Amy Rister Announced as Director of State Government Relations at Port Houston

Current News

Two Chinese VLCCs Exit Strait of Hormuz

South African Veterinary Association Stands Against Live Export

Indiana Breaks Ground on New Grain Facility

US Charges Executives and Firms Over Container Cartel

Subscribe for Maritime Logistics Professional E‑News