New Company Takes Over OW Tanker

Posted by Eric Haun
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
OW Tanker, a unit of bankrupt OW Bunker and owner of its marine fuel supply ships, has been taken over by a newly-created company, the fleet manager told Reuters on Wednesday.
Henrik Pedersen said the takeover by Alba Tanker ApS, which has the trustees of the bankrupt company on its board, is part of the process of securing assets for the estate. Denmark's OW Bunker had been the largest marine fuel supplier in the world.
"We are not a very big part of the company," Pedersen said by telephone. "We're the ship-owning part of OW Bunker and Trading. And that was our biggest client, of course, but we have always been run as a separate company."
OW Tanker owns 10 vessels according to its website.
(Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki, editing by William Hardy)
Categories: Finance Fuels & Lubes Legal People & Company News Tankers

Related Stories

Rio Tinto Ships Eight Billionth Tonne of Iron Ore from the Pilbara

US Grain, Soy Futures Drop After US-China Talks

Wittlin Named CEO of GLO Marine

Current News

Rio Tinto Ships Eight Billionth Tonne of Iron Ore from the Pilbara

Third VLCC Exits Strait of Hormuz

AAPA Supports House Appropriations Bill with $538m for Port Infrastructure

US Grain, Soy Futures Drop After US-China Talks

Subscribe for Maritime Logistics Professional E‑News