China's LED Lamp Prices Encounters the Biggest Decline in Nov
In light of the IMS Research recent report "Global Monthly LED Lamp Retail Price Tracker", the global average retail price for LED lamps was USD30 in September and decline to USD 28 in November. Additionally, China meets the sharp drop to USD 11 from USD 30.
The research firm has highlighted regional differences regarding the global retail LED lamp market as following:
• China - The average price decreased to USD 11 from USD 30, a drop of 62 percent. It is the biggest decline in LED lamp prices. The price of 60W replacement A19 lamps fell 38 percent, while the price of 20W MR16 replacement lamps fell 52 percent. Chinese manufacturers have also been pushing to increase the efficiency of their lamps, with lumens/Watt rising 24 percent from September to November.
• USA -Samsung lamps have been sold in Lowe’s home improvement stores in Nov. The firm has 7 new PAR (parabolic aluminized reflector) and MR (multifaceted reflector) replacement lamps available and one 50W incandescent replacement.
• Japan -A 40W incandescent replacement lamp has been priced under 1000 Yen (USD13) in Nov. In the country, the average price of 40W replacement lamps remains over USD30.
• South Korea – In this country, 26 Of the 31 tracked incandescent replacement lamps were mislabeled with regards to their wattage replacement. The average luminous output of LED lamps labeled as 60W replacements was 505 lumens, almost 200 lumens below the threshold used by IMS for a 60W replacement.
• World - There are 32 (only 7 percent) of the more than 480 LED lamps tracked by IMS in 12 countries, were for 60W and 75W replacements, with no 100W replacement lamps (using IMS metrics) on the market. Achieving omnidirectional light distribution while keeping costs low, generating enough lumens and dealing with heat dissipation are the biggest restrictions for lamp manufacturers to penetrate mainstream applications.
Charts: Chinese LED lamp makers raise lumens/Watt efficiency by 24% from September to November, while price drops 62%.
For more information, you may search http://www.hqew.net/
Related News: The Only LED Module Combined 80lm/W Efficacy with 90+ CRI Be Announced